Finally, our first Joomla! module has arrived. We have created a cool and simple menu module for the Joomla CMS, that comes with many features. First off, this is a mobile ready, responsive menu module, this means, it will work on smaller screens such as smart phones as well on larger screens such as laptops or desktop monitors.
So if you want a simple but elegant menu for your Joomla website, I highly recommend checking out or new menu module. Bellow you can see some screenshots of the different available styles as well the full documentation that will help you set up the menu just like in the online preview.
The online demo of this module shows only one menu style, however from the parameter you can switch between light and dark color styles. I have created some screenshots to give you an idea on how the menu will look on your website.
JAW Menu in desktop view with light and dark style:
JAW Menu in mobile view with dark and light styles:
Documentation – How to set up the menu?
The setup of this Joomla menu module is very simple as well the configuration. Here is the detailed step-by-step configuration process.
1. Download and install the module to you Joomla website using the Extensions Manager from the Joomla back-end.
2. Go to the Module Manager, find the “JoomlArtWork Menu” and edit it.
3. From the module parameters choose the menu you want to display; choose a module position where to display the menu, switch the module Status to “published” and in the Menu Assignment tab make it show On all pages.
4. The other settings of the module will allow you to customize it: change link color, font family, use the FontAwesome library to display nice icons on each menu item
5. To display the FontAwesome icons here is what you have to do:
5.1 go to Menus > Your Menu and select (or create) a menu item
5.2 in the “Link Type” tab add to the “Link Title Attribute” the FontAwesome icon name you want to use for that menu item
For all FontAwesome icon names click here.
We are planning to add more features to this module so if you have some special requests we want to include, please leave a replay below. Also if you have found a bug or any other problem with the module, please help us make it better and submit your observations below in the comment section.