WordPress and Joomla are the two most popular web design applications popular in the world today. Both of them are open source platforms and have a competitive edge in the market over Drupal and Typo3- other web design applications in the world. Those web design companies that use Joomla and WordPress can customize the platforms to meet and match the specific requirements of their clients. If you are a business owner, it is apparent that you would be confused as to whether use Joomla or WordPress for your business!
WordPress and Joomla – Comparison
The task of choosing Joomla or WordPress for your business website can be confusing. However, it is prudent for you to know the salient features of both before you make the final choice!
The following are some of the salient features of both WordPress and Joomla:
- Use – When it comes to usability, you will find that WordPress scores higher over Joomla. It scores well both from the perspective of user and developer. WordPress is a simple platform, and this makes it easy for you to learn. However, when you compare features provided by both, Joomla offers the end user more features. Joomla in its latest edition has made many significant improvements in the terms of usability making it simple for its clients and customers to use. Experts say that if you are willing to invest time in some extra learning and would like to use advanced features on your website, it is prudent for you to opt for Joomla.
- Versatility – Many experts say that WordPress is a platform preferably for blogs and Joomla is a complete content management system. If you are focused on publishing content, WordPress is an outstanding platform for you. However, if you are looking for advanced features for your website, you should opt for Joomla for better branding. If you have less time for setting up your site, you should choose WordPress. If you wish to design a website with powerful features, Joomla should be your first choice.
- SEO – If you are looking for improved search engine optimization for your website, WordPress should be your first choice. WordPress has been created keeping your search engine optimization needs in mind. It is friendly for the search engine to pick up and rank high in Google. When you are using Joomla, you will find that this platform needs some customization to make it SEO friendly. When you give the website the right customization, you will see that they rank high on search engines as well. Therefore, when you are developing a site using Joomla, tell your expert to customize it to make it SEO-friendly.
- Scalability – Esteemed company in the field of online digital marketing and SEO Tayloright in New York says that Joomla can be scaled easily. It can be deployed for developing functionality on websites. WordPress, on the other hand, is ideal for publishing content that is informational. It is suitable for simple posting and editing however if you are looking for something complex, it is prudent for you to go in for Joomla. This platform is ideal for sophisticated applications on the web. You may design any application or custom feature in Joomla. It can also be modified and extended for meeting specific needs. WordPress is limited. However, there are some extra add-ons that you can incorporate into the website if you wish to. They are known as plug-ins however if you compare them to the advanced features of Joomla, you will find they are not as high in quality or standard.
- Integration – Integrating with third-party applications is simple on Joomla. It is formed well, and its API is very powerful. Developers can extend the software and integrate it with other systems as and when needed. You can also integrate with Joomla websites with other websites and sources easily.
- Administration – The admin of WordPress is very light and easy. Its principal focus is to concentrate on publishing content. Joomla, on the other hand, is complex and you should take time to learn how this interface works. WordPress is very simple, and you do not have to hire developers to publish, edit or even post content.
Therefore, if you are a business owner, and if you are not sure as to whether you should go in for Joomla or WordPress, take the needs and purpose of your website into consideration. It is crucial for you to understand what you wish to offer via your website. Speak to experts about your business niche and requirements for help. They will guide you along the way and assist you when it comes to learning your business requirements, and whether you should opt for Joomla or WordPress when it comes to the creation and the development of your business website. When you are hiring professionals, ensure that know the field and proven track records as well!
Author Bio: Maria Jones is an online website developer and SEO expert with New York company Tayloright. She says that it is prudent to speak to experts before you decide to embrace Joomla or WordPress for your website needs!