When Joomla Custom fields were first launched in March the previous year, we were not expecting that much from it. The developers thought of it as another hassle in the digital world. But, once the demo was released it was evident that the developers missed analyzing the full-potential of Joomla Custom fields.
So, here we will be highlighting why Joomla Custom fields are vital for you. You can simply dive into it. You can even try out the Advanced Custom fields plugin. This will help you to embed YouTube videos, an easy to embed Google maps and lot of other features.
In the 3.7 version of Joomla Custom fields here are some notable features:
- Grid and list layout
- Horizontal view is added
- Collapse fields in the filter
- The module of JA mega filter is added
- Filter support for Joomla 3.7 custom fields
Development is an on-going process. It is expected that there will be styling updates in Joomla Custom Fields which will attract more developers towards it. In the debate between choosing Joomla Vs WordPress this blog will help you to take the right decision.
In Joomla 4 the Custom fields are updated to make it more appealing and desirable for the developers and creators.
- Calendar: With this field, you can get the date from the calendar. Add title description and you can set it as required as well.
- Checkboxes: Checkboxes can be used to select predefined values from the data that is already there. Users can choose from the options like height and width.
- Colour: This allows the users to pick colors specific colors. If the user doesn’t pick any color, it will use the default color.
- Editor: A simple-to-use editor to edit text and images on the page. Just as the name implies, you will see a Joomla editor or HTML editor where you can edit as per your needs.
- Integer: This is used to set the integer value from the list. You can choose the first and last digits in some increments.
- List: This shows the pre-defined value that is set by the website developer.
- List of images: An ultimate lifesaving option. You can choose from which folder you need to display the images. The images are stored in the form of lists which makes it easier to get the right images.
- Media: This is similar to the list of images option. The only difference is in this the image that is shown will only be in the form of a list and only that image will be shown, no other image will be shown.
- Radio: From this option, the user can select only one option from the menu.
- SQL: To put it simply, this option will fetch data from the Joomla database and display the options to the user. This means simplifying things for both the developer and the user.
- Text: A normal text field, just like any other text box which will show text option with a defined maximum limit.
- Text Area: An advanced option to input text. With the selection of text, you can add a number of characters with restrictions to some length.
- URL: As the name implies, there are multiple types of URL’s format which can be used to enter the website URL, other forms are HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPs etc.
- User: You can use this field to select one user at a time on the website.
- User Groups: You can make user groups that reply in the similar group. In the fields, you can input group of users, as a manager, or as a guest.
Here are some of the notable features of Joomla 4 Custom fields:
Bootstrap 4 Integration
We know that Bootstrap is the most common and much-hyped CSS, HTML, and JS framework for developing mobile-first, responsive projects on the web. In Bootstrap 4 there is a major rewrite of the project even with more power.
Mobile friendly UI and Backhand
The new version is quite user-friendly. The developers have worked a lot to make the experience more friendly and easy.
There is now a collapse option on the sidebar which improves the user experience.
Improved the front-end & back-end template
One great feature that Joomla developers used is the front-end template: Cassiopeia & the back-end template atum. This gives users accessibility easy for the developers. Both the templates are responsive in nature.
Fresh Media manager
The new media manager helps the users to arrange the media in an organized manner. Great thing is that you can even define the roles of the individual users.
Joomla 4 installation is quite easy. Even the multilingual installation is available with just a few clicks. You don’t need to think a lot while you’re installing it.
Quicker page loading times
One notable feature of Joomla 4 is the quicker page load time. New code is written where the elements that delay the page load time are removed. A more simplified version is used to drop down the page load time. You can follow this guide on speeding-up your Joomla website.
SEO is the most important feature when it comes to website development. With previous versions of SEO Joomla had pretty decent SEO features, but in Joomla 4 there are a lot more improvements in the SEO department. This gives a way to drive traffic to Joomla website.
To warp it all up
The important thing is you need to expand as the technology evolves. And for this you need to shift to Joomla Custom Fields. The above blog will clear some clouds over your head and choose what is best for your business.
Author Bio: Irfan Ahmed Khan is a digital marketing expert a guest blogger on various websites. He is a passionate digital strategist. Currently, associated with Branex – web design. He has worked with various other brands and created value for them.