I found out that many Joomla users are struggling to show or hide author in articles. This is an easy task if you know how to do it. To save you time I prepared a tutorial with images that will show how to hide the author of any article in Joomla 3.x.
After installing Joomla to your website, by default the author name is show under each article title. If you are running a blog, this might not bother you, but if building a website for your business, you might want to hide the author name. There is no point in showing your clients who published that particular article.
To hide the author name in the article, follow these steps:
- Login to Joomla administration panel
- Go to “Content” -> “Articles”
- Click on the “Options” button (is located in the top right side of the screen)
- Go to the “Articles” tab and find the section with author settings
- To hide the author click on “Hide” button next to Show Author option
- Save the settings page and go refresh your website to see the effect
Congratulation, you have successfully hide the author name and link from all your pages. If some pages might still show the author, you have to individually edit these pages in the backend and change the custom settings of each article to use the global configuration of your website.
Hope this short tutorial has helped you, if still have any question please use the comment section below. Thanks!