A Joomla 1.5 Template archive contain sever files: images, php files, css files. If you have found a great commercial or a free joomla 1.5 template, but want to make some modification on it, this tutorial should help and teach you how to edit the CSS files from the back end. Your template is already installed and made default, and now you want to edit it, to change colors, font size or font styles, body or module widths.
- Login to the administrator contol panel
- In the horizontal top menu go to Extensions / Template manager
- Click trough the template you wan to modify
- In the top right side will find some buttons, click to the Edit CSS button
- Now will have a list of css files that you can modify. There could be css files for different browsers or template styles. The main css file usually is the template.css and this is that you should modify.
- Search for the ID or CLASS you want to change and after you made the changes, just hit APPLY (this button is in the top right side of the screen)
- Go to the FRONT END and hit refresh to see the changes
This is all! Now you can change the CSS file for any template you want.