WordPress has become the most used platform hosting up to 30 percent of the internet websites. WordPress is famous for its incredible management system and in addition to this; it offers a variety of SEO Plugins. And as you know, search engines are an extremely vital source of organic traffic and leads for any website. Since WordPress is widely recognized as Search Engine Optimization friendly, you can use anadequately optimized plugin to improve your search ranking.
The different plugins have different various features – this enables you to analyze the current SEO potential of your website. With the thousands of WordPress SEO plugins you can choose from, it is essential to pick the right SEO plugins for your site to reach the next level. Below, we are going to discuss the 7 Best WordPress Plugins that can transform your website into an SEO powerhouse.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
Yoast SEO is the most popular SEO plugin and has continuously been at the front of free WordPress SEO plugins. This SEO plugin may be a good place to start if you want to improve your WordPress SEO by optimizing your website and creating better content. It is equipped with a wide spectrum of features which makes it an all in one SEO plugin. Some of the best features of the plugin include:
- Page analysis tool
- Meta and Title Tag Optimization
- Technical WordPress SEO
- XML Sitemaps functionality
- Snippet Preview
- Social Integration
Thanks to its detailed yet straightforward approach, the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin got you covered if you need help with each area of your website’s SEO.
2. All in One SEO Pack
Since its release, All in One SEO Pack has been offering every web owner and Professional grade SEO company an easy to use solution to SEO related issues. The plugin is very popular among people who know little about SEO,and you can start using it straight out of the box. At first display, it could be a bit intimidating because all the options are on a page, but after going through them, you can start inputting the right data into the proper fields. Some of the top features include:
- Capability to override any setting
- Google Analytics and XML Sitemap support
- Automatic generation of META tags
- Automatic optimization of titles for all the search engines
- Helps avoid duplicate content
There are many cases where you can’t avoid the need for proper redirection. The Redirection SEO plugin is one of the most popular redirect managers; itallows you to efficiently manage 301 redirections while keeping track of the 404 errors. Redirection improves the overall user experience and your site ranking. You can also use it to create and manage redirects quickly. You can configure Redirection to monitor when page permalinks or post changes, it also offers:
- Support for both APACHE & NGINX
- Set to redirect any URL based on a specific criteria
- Maintains a hit count for every redirect
4. W3 Total Cache
- The Progressive Rendering provides faster interaction allow the pages to start rendering quickly
- Accelerated Mobile Pages support
- Built-in browser caching controls
- Caching of search result pages and feeds
- Local Caching
5. Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan
It doesn’t mean that you should forget about risks even though WordPress is very secure. To protect your site from any form of malware, use Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan. Apart from your content and website, if Google found any Malware on your site, it can de-index it from the search result.This security plugin is highly popular and has an endpoint malware and firewall scanner that has been built from the ground up.
- The Firewall integrates malware scanner, protects your site at the endpoint, identify and block malicious traffic, and more.
- The Security Scanner repair files, checks your plugins, themes, and core files integrity, and more.
- The Security Tools features impressive comment spam filter, monitor visits, and hack attempts.
6. Broken Link Checker
It is easy for you to get caught up in optimizing your website that you overlook the importance of broken links. And as a matter of fact, broken links can harm your website search ranking. Broken Link Checker monitors your site and looks for any broken links. Some of the top features of Broken Link Checker include:
- Detects links that don’t work
- Allow you to filter and search links by the anchor, URL, text, and more
- Monitor links in all your contents
- Allow you to update link right from the plugin’s page
The plugin is both powerful and simple to use; you should check it out.
7. Premium WordPress SEO Pack
Premium WordPress SEO Pack is a popular plugin which comes equipped with a complete set of impressive SEO features including SERP tracking, image optimization, social sharing, and more. It offers everything you need to increase the SEO value of your website,and it works well with other plugins. The key features include:
- Noindex and Nofollow options are displayed for every post
- Based on a pattern, it automatically adds descriptions and SEO titles to your pages
- Includes W3C validator and 404 monitor
- Add Open Graph images and Twitter card codes for each post
There are several available WordPress SEO plugins, and while they are vital, you don’t want to overwhelm your site with too many plugins. To avoid overkill and counterproductive, you can start by considering the seven plugins described above. These are the Best WordPress SEO plugins that can help you streamline SEO projects and give you an edge in your industry.